Installing Adobe PDF JobReady:
1. Download the Adobe PDF JobReady installer by clicking on the button below.
2. Double-click the JobReady4.dmg disk image you just downloaded to mount the JobReady disk image. (Your browser may do this automatically.)
3. Double-click the installer icon and follow the prompts presented by the Adobe PDF JobReady installer application. When the installation is complete, you’re ready to print to our website! Note: An Administrator password will be required to install the software.
How to use Adobe PDF JobReady for Mac OS X:
Adobe PDF JobReady will appear in your computer's printer list as a printer titled Poor Richard's Press and can be printed to in the same way as any other printer.
When a document is printed using the Adobe PDF JobReady printer, a proof will be presented to you using Adobe Reader, along with a window containing 3 buttons: “Save As,” “Cancel,” and “Connect.” Please proof your work carefully! We’ll use the exact same file you see to produce your order. If changes need to be made, click “Cancel,” make your changes in the original application, and print it again.
When you are satisfied with your proof, click “Connect” to send your job to our website. You’ll be prompted to complete your order when your job arrives on our website.
Note: The print dialog may have a “Save As PDF” button. Don’t click there. To use the Poor Richard's Press printer, always select the printer followed by the Print button.
To use Adobe PDF JobReady, your computer must be running the following operating system:
- Mac OS X 10.5.x (Power PC Processor)
- Mac OS X 10.4.3 or greater (Intel Processor)
Your computer must also have Adobe Reader 7.0.3 or greater installed and an active connection to the Internet.